Note: We will be closing applications for the Site Builder/Developer position on Sunday, January 28th at 5:00 PM.
PathWise Solutions Inc. is looking for a Site Builder/Developer to join our team in the Comox Valley!
This position will likely appeal to a recent bootcamp, web design certificate, or college diploma graduate – or an applicant with a non-traditional background that has acquired similar skills – who is interested in working on diverse projects while deepening your skills though collaboration with a team of experienced designers and developers.
Working at PathWise
- We are a fully virtual shop, with 10 team members located in Vancouver, Victoria and the Comox Valley. This position is based in the Comox Valley to allow for in-person mentoring and cross-training.
- 20–35 hr/week. The position can be either part or full time, depending on the skills and versatility of the applicant.
- Salary $20–22/hr, with a health/dental benefit package.
- We will provide a coworking membership at Coastal Coworking in Courtenay for work, meetings and coordination. You are also welcome to work from your home – we all do!
- All production software will be provided for your Mac or PC, or we can supply a system.
Your work will include:
- Website Maintenance – Handling backups and updates, content changes, and troubleshooting issues.
- Website Deployments – Web site setup and configuration for new web and learning management systems (LMS).
- WordPress Site Building – Installing and configuring plugins, themes, taxonomies, navigation menus and form-building.
- WordPress Theming – Configuring, modifying and creating themes based on starter themes and theme frameworks (Genesis, Foundation, Divi, etc.)
- Website Content Updates – Adding editing migrating and formatting website content.
- LMS Integrations – Uploading, configuring and troubleshooting SCORM and xAPI courses in LMS systems (LearnDash, Moodle, etc.)
- User Support – Helping clients with tutorials and support when they run into problems.
- eLearning and graphics production – Using Adobe CC and eLearning production tools (Articulate 360, GoAnimate, etc.)
Skills you will need at a junior to intermediate level are:
- WordPress site building
- WordPress theming
- Web development frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Graphic production (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Basic server and site administration
Other skills that are great to have:
- React, Angular and other current development skills
- Experience with APIs
- Graphic design experience
- Animation skills
- Video and audio editing
- Content writing and SEO
PathWise Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage equity-seeking candidates to apply, especially those who identify as racial minorities, Indigenous, people with disabilities, LGBTQ2S and other equity-seeking groups.
If you are interested in joining us, please apply using the form below. To ensure consistency and fairness in the process, we will only review candidates that have submitted through the form. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.